What We Do
Leadership as a Practice
One of the most important issues facing organizations of all sizes, types and industries is the shortfall in the capacity to lead. We have learned to manage tasks, achieve goals and measure almost everything. There are managerial systems and models of all kinds with which to measure outcomes, design processes and create dashboards and checklists. Leadership is different. Managing is about what is. Leading is about what is possible. Leading is, in part, the capacity and competency to see and seize opportunity - to create something that does not yet exist.
The Center for Intelligent Leadership offers an atypical approach to guiding leaders in their development, one that calls on understanding and practice and, also, demands depth and discipline. Outstanding leaders work to understand themselves and others, and to build conversational and relational skills to share visions and execute strategies. Great leaders believe in mastery and the practice of what they master. The offerings of The Center for Intelligent Leadership are designed to guide leaders on the path to Mastery of Leadership as a Practice. Individuals and teams work to grow as leaders and to develop great leaders within their organization. Organizations work to create a Leadership as a Practice culture.
Envisioned Success for Every Program Participant
- Deep self-awareness: understanding core drivers of behaviors, attitudes and triggers
- Insight about the self-limiting barriers that keep meaningful change from occuring
- Enhanced emotional intelligence and emotional maturity
- Appreciation for and a framework to more clearly understand others
- Enhanced capacity to relate with others in a meaningful and effective way
- Ability to truly leverage authentic diversity for creative and sustainable collaboration
- Increased ability to deeply listen through others' filters - to uncover the real issues and opportunities in a relationship, on a team and in an organization
- Develop a conversational intelligence the facilitates aspiration and enthusiasm, deeper understanding, creative possibilities and effective action
- Deeper understanding of building and maintaining trust, candor and openness in conversations and in relating
- Capacity to create an organizational culture of authenticity
- Understanding a framework to make complex decisions and to lead from a systemic perspective